Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. Educational methods include teaching, training, storytelling, discussion and directed research. Education frequently takes place under the guidance of educators, however learners can also educate themselves. Education can take place in formal or informal settings and any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational. The methodology of teaching is called pedagogy. Formal education is commonly divided formally i ...
The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to education: Education – in the general sense is any act or experience that has a formative effect on the mind, character, or physical ability of an individual. In its technical sense, education is the process by which society deliberately transmits its accumulated knowledge, skills, and values from one generation to another. Education can also be defined as the process of becoming an educated person.
ACADEMICA is a global education organization, headquartered in Miami, Florida. As an education service provider, it services over 200 public charter schools in the United States. Academica-supported schools feature immersive college and career preparatory K-16 learning environments.
Wallace Buttrick was a Baptist minister who served as secretary, president, and chairman of the General Education Board, and as a trustee of the Rockefeller Foundation. Wallace Buttrick believed that schools, teachers, and institutions were not necessary for education however, for those who were less fortunate this served as the only medium for learning.
A demerit is a point given to a student as a penalty for bad behavior. Under this once common practice, a students is given a number of merits during the beginning of the school term and a certain number of merits are deducted for every infraction committed. Schools use the demerit record within a point-based system to punish misbehavior. After a certain number of demerits are accumulated, the student is given detention, loss of privileges e.g. being denied field trips and participation in school events, or some other punishment based on the seriousness and frequency of the infraction. Som ...
Originally, the term was only used for the physical building where education was given, for example a school. Later the term was also used for the design of the education process. An educational architect can therefore also be someone without an official architects title. Both the methodical as the physical structure of the education influence the learning outcomes.
The follow articles comprise the glossary of education-related terms: Glossary of education terms P–R Glossary of education terms A–C Glossary of education terms S Glossary of education terms G–L Glossary of education terms T–Z Glossary of education terms D–F Glossary of education terms M–O
The International Association of Private Career Colleges is a not-for-profit membership organisation set up by colleges to act as their collective voice, representing career education colleges globally. The Association was founded in 2009 and provides a broad range of services to its member. The IAPCC provides its members with a code of ethics and set of standards they agree to follow.
International Day of Education is an annual international observance day held on January 24 and is dedicated to education. On December 3, 2018, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming January 24 as International Day of Education, in celebration of the role of education for bringing global peace and sustainable development.
The macabre constant is a theorized bias in educational assessment that happens when a professor unconsciously splits students into three subjective categories - good, average and poor - regardless of their actual objective scholarly level. It was first proposed by the educational researcher Andre Antibi, appearing in his book "Constante macabre" published in 2003, and then in a subsequent book "Pour en finir avec la constante macabre" in 2007. Although the macabre constant is a socioeducational concept, interested in both describing the roots and the consequences, a similar concept of gra ...
The Van Empel Goldman Foundation is a charity registered in the Netherlands under the name ’Stichting Van Empel Goldman Foundation. The foundation is designated as an Algemeen nut beogende instelling or in English" Public Benefit Organization” by the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration as of the 18th of April 2017, which coincides with the date on which the foundation was founded. The goal of the charity is to increase opportunities for underprivileged children and to increase their life standards, they do this by supporting educational projects in Indonesia. The charity is founded by Isa ...
- Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. Educational methods include teaching
- Further education often abbreviated FE in the United Kingdom and Ireland is education in addition to that received at secondary school, that is distinct
- Female education is a catch - all term of a complex set of issues and debates surrounding education primary education secondary education tertiary education
- Higher education is tertiary education leading to award of an academic degree. Higher education also called post - secondary education third - level or tertiary
- Vocational education is education that prepares people to work as a technician or in various jobs such as a tradesman or an artisan. Vocational education is sometimes
- secondary education high schools tertiary education universities, TAFE colleges, and vocational education and training providers and adult education referred
- for Education DfE is a department of Her Majesty s Government responsible for child protection, education compulsory, further and higher education
- Tertiary education also referred to as third - level, third - stage or postsecondary education is the educational level following the completion of a school
- Primary education is typically the first stage of formal education coming after preschool and before secondary school. Primary education takes place
- Education in Bangladesh is overseen by the Bangladesh s Ministry of Education Ministry of Primary and Mass Education are responsible for implementing
- education refers to a period of education that is required of all people and is imposed by the government. Depending on the country, this education may