Various states govern or claim to govern in the name of the people. Both the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire used the Latin term Senatus Populusque Romanus, the Senate and People of Rome. This term was fixed abbreviated SPQR to Roman legionary standards, and even after the Roman Emperors achieved a state of total personal autarchy, they continued to wield their power in the name of the Senate and People of Rome. A Peoples Republic is typically a Marxist or socialist one-party state that claims to govern on behalf of the people even if it in practice often turns out to be a dictatorship ...
A person is a being that has certain capacities or attributes such as reason, morality, consciousness or self-consciousness, and being a part of a culturally established form of social relations such as kinship, ownership of property, or legal responsibility. The defining features of personhood and consequently what makes a person count as a person differ widely among cultures and contexts. In addition to the question of personhood, of what makes a being count as a person to begin with, there are further questions about personal identity and self: both about what makes any particular perso ...
- A people is a plurality of persons considered as a whole, as is the case with an ethnic group or nation. Various states govern or claim to govern in the
- The PEOPLE Party was a political party in the United Kingdom, founded in February 1972. It was the first Green political party in the United Kingdom and
- People is an American weekly magazine of celebrity and human - interest stories, published by Meredith Corporation. With a readership of 46.6 million adults
- The Hoklo people or Hokkien people are Han Chinese people whose traditional ancestral homes are in southern Fujian, China and speakers of Hokkien which
- People Are People is Depeche Mode s 10th UK single, and was recorded at Hansa Mischraum in West Berlin, and released on 12 March 1984. It was their
- Mazanderani people Mazanderani: مازرون Persian: مردم مازندرانی or Tabari people Mazanderani: تپورون Persian: مردم تبری are an Iranian people who are
- Asian people or Asiatic people are people who descend from a portion of Asia s population. A variety of definitions and geographical data are presented
- Investors in People is a standard for people management, offering accreditation to organisations that adhere to the Investors in People Standard. From
- Japanese people Japanese: 日本人, Hepburn: nihonjin are an ethnic group that is native to the Japanese archipelago and modern country of Japan, where they
- The Kho koʊ Khowar: کھو or Chitrali people are an Indo - Aryan ethnolinguistic group associated with the Dardistan region. They speak Khowar, which
- The Sunday People is a British tabloid Sunday newspaper. It was founded as The People on 16 October 1881. The People was bought by the Mirror group in